Heartburn or heartburn is known not to free anyone from its clutches. Most adults have it at some point in their lives. Heartburn occurs when there is an overproduction of acid in the stomach. It is the main cause of stomach ulcers, bad breath, stomach pain, nausea, etc. Leaves an aftertaste in the mouth and a sharp sensation between the ribs that radiates to your heart; therefore, it is also known as heartburn.
Many people have confessed to having succumbed to heartburn and that it has changed their lives for the worse. They claim to have tried all kinds of drugs that quickly relieve gas and heartburn, but they don’t work. What they don’t understand is that regardless of the many products that are known to provide quick relief from heartburn, it is of the utmost importance to make a few lifestyle changes to eradicate this for good.
As the saying goes, “Charity begins at home,” treating heartburn also begins in your kitchen and herb garden.
How do you ask? Here are some ways and ingredients that can help you eliminate heartburn from your life.
1. Water: Due to its neutral pH balance, water is the ragweed that helps you neutralize the pH balance in your stomach. It reduces the level of acid in the stomach and prevents the stomach lining from being damaged; hence, it leads to ulcers and heartburn. It is advisable to drink a glass of warm water before sleeping and after getting up in the morning. Do not drink water during meals.
2. Holy basil leaves: Wash some holy basil leaves as soon as you feel a sharp sensation under your breastbone or experience a sour / bitter aftertaste in your mouth. This is one way the body reacts to heartburn episodes. Holy Basil or ‘Tulsi’ has many medicinal qualities and fighting acidity is one of them.
3. Cinnamon: Take cinnamon powder and boil it in a little water. Cook over low heat for a minute and strain. It will start to look like tea liqueur. Have that without adding anything and you will notice a change. Works like natural antacid and it also helps treat flatulence.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar: Although it is acidic in nature, apple cider vinegar has an alkalizing effect on the stomach lining. Take two teaspoons of this with a cup of water twice a day.
5. Whey: also known as ‘Chaach’; A glass of buttermilk with a teaspoon of powdered roasted cumin mixed with powdered roasted fenugreek seeds and coriander paste will give you relief, plus consuming it regularly will eradicate the heartburn problem from your life.
Heartburn is a serious lifestyle problem among most of us. It is very important to be meticulous in your management. It is important that the aforementioned tips are part of your life and you will free yourself from the chains of heartburn forever.