Homeschooling is becoming a hot trend for many work-at-home moms. It is not only an effective way to educate your children, but it is also time efficient and productive for the children. For women who have a home business of any kind, homeschooling is the best way to go. For me personally, managing my Infinite Income Plan and homeschooling my six-year-old son has been a perfect match.
I am a firm believer in education. Without a proper education, I would never finish high school in Russia as the valedictorian of the class, come to the United States in 1994 as a NAFSA and USAID scholar, and graduate with a bachelor’s degree in two years from an American university. I believe that education is the key for our children and if I had known about homeschooling when I was a child it would have been so much better and easier for me.
When I decided to work at home and build my online business with an infinity income plan and other sources of income that I have, I had to make a decision about my children. My children are the main reason I do business online and knowing how busy I was with homeschooling was the best option. You would think: “Tatyana is crazy with her ideas.” But before you do that, let me tell you what I think.
If my children were in a traditional school setting, they would be in school most of the time. Yes good for me, but not for them. They would be tired, cranky, sleepy or worse on the worst sugar rush! I would still have to do homework with them and spend hours explaining what the teacher was supposed to do. It will leave my brain fried and my 6 year old will not be a happy camper.
Your well-being is an important factor. With my schedule I can homeschool my son in the morning or afternoon and even extend it. It is not a task for him but joy. My school doesn’t always involve sitting at a desk and spelling words. Life is a great fun game. We cook together, bake, clean, and even shop. He learns things from me and we build trust and love for each other. We learn about how to connect with each other from day one and not when he turns 14.
If I have to go on a business trip, my husband can homeschool him and it is very easy and flexible. As you can see, there are a few points I want to make about the effectiveness of homeschooling.
2. Build a relationship
That’s the beauty of homeschooling for work-at-home moms. It’s possible. Anyone can do it if they really want to. Wanting and wanting are the keys to successful homeschooling for moms who want to earn money from home.
My son has appreciation for what I do. Work at home. I am a provider of bread for the family and also for my husband. He knows my time. He knows my schedule and I respect our time together when we do projects and do homework.
I think that managing myself is the important factor by which I can homeschool, have a home business, be a mother and a wife. It’s simple if you make it simple. I don’t involve my son in too many things like sports, music and arts! . I don’t want to overwhelm him with all the activities. Overloading the kids with too much to do will never leave time for you and your family.
Here are 10 tips for homeschooling moms who want to work from home but aren’t confident enough if they can:
1. Plan your week’s activities in advance
2. Every morning spend time eating or cooking breakfast together with your children. Build an incredible bond with your children.
3. Start your school program with simple reviews and spend about 45 minutes in each session. If you are homeschooling preschoolers, two to three hours or school with activities is enough.
4. Try to finish school before lunch or shortly after. I do my best to finish all school work by 1:30 p.m.
5. Evening is the time when I get back to my customers and clients. My son is involved in his activities like drawing, painting or working with his lego sets.
6. When night comes, be sure to spend at least an hour with your spouse and children. Spring is just around the corner, so make sure you get outside for at least 45 minutes without being interrupted by your phone.
7. The afternoon schedule can be from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. That’s what I do every day when I have to get back to my prospects and training team members.
8. If you have a growing team in your existing business, it’s a great idea to host a team call once a week and deliver training that way you don’t feel like you’re taking care of every member of your team.
9. If you work at home and have a busy schedule with your homeschooling, don’t be afraid to let everyone know what you do and your schedule.
10. Have fun! It’s no use educating at home and having a business if you don’t enjoy it! Ask for help from other members of your family or business associates from time to time.