A Business Plan is a document that includes the qualification and characteristics of an organization’s business, its way of operating, the development of its strategies, its action plans to ensure a market share, the forms of financing its investments and the projections of expenses, income and financial results. The objective of the Business Plan is to provide guidance to company managers to create significant value for customers and meet relevant needs for which customers are willing to pay, in addition to providing significant potential profit to investors, satisfying thus the objectives of the company. cost-benefit expectations. This document should contain the following sections observing the following questions:
1. The Entrepreneurship: Brief description of the business, its location and scope;
2. Description of the Business: What business is going to be established? What products or services will be offered? What is the target market and its size? What is the best way to offer the products to the market? What are the critical success factors for the business? What are the growth possibilities of the market under study? What are the positive and negative points of the business?
3. The Market: What is the big market and the best state of the segment to compete? What is the size of the segment and its growth potential? What is the geographic distribution of the market? What are the seasonal fluctuations in demand? What is the estimated value and location of the business? Highlight the positive and negative points of this market.
4. The Competition: Who are the direct competitors of the business? What other substitute businesses or products will compete with the product? What is the size of the competitors? What analysis can be done about the competitors? What is the company’s pricing strategy? What is the distribution strategy? What is the technical support strategy for the company’s products or services? What is the quality concept for the product? What sales methods will be applied? What are the means available to publicize the products or services?
5. Description of the Product of the Entrepreneurship: What is the technology used in the product? What is your current stage of development? What function and application does the product have? What innovative solutions can be used to serve the market? What are the regulations and technical standards governing the product? What analysis can be done on the relationship between the product and the environment?
6. Price: What is price competitiveness? What is the pricing strategy to use? (In this case, study the prices that exist in the domestic market and the price of similar imported products). What margins are appropriate to work with?
7. Providers: Where are the providers located? What inputs are imported? How to obtain the necessary inputs for the product? What are the delivery times of the inputs and the minimum quantities required of the product?
8. Production Process: What is the flow of the production process? – present an example of the core of the process, what is the planned number of employees? What will the business facilities be like?
9. Marketing/Business Plan: What are the potential customers and their locations? What is the best way to attract customers? What will be the sales channels of the product? How will sales promotions be carried out? What are the best input suppliers? How much should be invested in advertising? How will the product distribution system and technical assistance be operated? Who are the opinion makers of the product? What is the sales potential and estimate for each product?
10. Costs: Cost estimates will be generated for those inputs directly involved in the production of the asset – fixed and general costs, as well as the level of reliability of the forecasts for the critical costs of the undertaking.
11. Investments: What is the infrastructure that is required to obtain for the business to work?
12. Organizational aspects: What are the skills and knowledge of each partner, director and employees of the company? What organizational structures will support the company?
13. Financial Plan: What is the sales volume required to obtain profits? What are the sources of financing for the company? What is the organization’s shareholding? Submit a cash flow spreadsheet for the first 10 quarters (in BRL) and NPV for the venture.
14. Partners: What are the possibilities of establishing alliances for entrepreneurship?
15. Entrepreneurs: What are the motivations for creating this venture? What is the experience of entrepreneurs? What are the main barriers and threats to entrepreneurship?
16. Phases of the venture: What is the time required to develop each phase of the venture: Implementation, Growth and Consolidation?