Who can resist the allure of the party behind the velvet rope? But for those of us without celebrity status, money to splurge, or good promoter connections, getting into the VIP room can be a difficult task. Luckily for you, I’ve spent the last eight years mastering the art of entering the VIP lounge. My tactics have been tested over and over again, in the most exclusive clubs across the country. Follow these simple steps and you’ll be rubbing shoulders with Diddy, Kim Kardashian, Lindsay Lohan, and Chris Brown in no time.
1. Look hot! You will have to do it to pass the vigilant gorillas of the club. Carefully select your clothes, shoes, hairstyle, shoes, accessories and scent. It is not enough to be physically attractive. You have to look like you belong in the VIP room. This does not mean that you should overdo it. Sometimes, less is more. Visit sites like tmz.com, bossip.com, perezhilton.com, and mediatakeout.com to see what kinds of looks your favorite celebrities sport when out on the town. Of course, stars can break the dress code that some clubs have, so be careful to check the website of the club you will be attending and make sure the club has no restrictions that could cause you to be left standing outside in the cold. .
2. If you’ve never been to the club before, look for it as soon as you walk in. Find out where the VIP areas are (sometimes there will be more than one) and what the real VIP areas are, the areas where the beautiful people and celebrities will be, not just the local partygoers celebrating birthdays with their friends. Find out which gorillas are protecting the area and if the people who are allowed to enter the area wear wristbands.
3. If people wear wristbands, try to find out who the promoters are. They usually carry wristbands with them and can often be found at the door (or somewhere nearby) if you get to the club reasonably early. If you can’t figure it out, ask someone with a bracelet where they got it from or ask a doorman. Once you identify the promoters (or whoever is handing out bracelets), just walk up to them and ask if you can have one. You never know. They may just give it to you, which will make your night that much easier. This is how I got my first VIP bracelet at a nightclub in DC. The good news is that once the promoters saw me wearing a bracelet that night, they started giving me them almost every night I want to go out. Remember, the key to this is making it look like it belongs in the VIP room. If it looks like it belongs there, people will assume it does.
4. If you can’t get a wristband, you will have to wear your charm / attractive outfit. Go to the VIP room before it gets crowded. This is very important. If the VIP room is already packed, it can be difficult for people who actually have wristbands to get inside. So make sure you seize the opportunity before it’s too crowded and before the celebrities topping the list arrive.
Now, you can take one of the following two approaches.
Focus n. 1. Approach the doorman, smile sexually at him, and try to casually enter the room. I know it sounds silly, but 75 percent of the time, the gorilla just lifts the rope for me. Now, you have to prepare for the possibility of being detained, an experience that I have endured and of course never feels good, especially if people see it. If you’re feeling particularly hot, smile at him and ask if you can come in. If not, back off, walk away for about 20 minutes, and try the second approach outlined below (or keep an eye out for a possible “shift change.” You may have more success with a different goalie).
Approach # 2. Wait until the gorilla lifts the velvet rope to let in a large group of people, preferably several hot girls. Find a way to blend in with the crowd and get in with them. The key to this is to move quickly and discreetly.
5. If none of the approaches described above work, try to meet the doorman as the night progresses. Find out his name and where he is from. Act like you’re interested in him as a person, not just getting into the VIP room. Ask him if he needs you to bring him water or something. Be prepared though: most gorillas are used to this type of maneuvering and may not be willing to entertain your conversation. But the offer of water should set you apart from the other girls trying to get in.
6. Once inside, enjoy it! The VIP party is much better than the general population party! But be careful. Once you become a VIP, you will never be able to return!
SUGGESTIONS AND INDICATORS:
• I have found it easier to enter the VIP lounges when I am alone.
• If you are going out with a group of girls, make sure they all follow these steps, especially Step 1. A weak link in the group will destroy your chances of getting in, even if you are hot.
• Use the bathroom and have a cool drink before entering the VIP room. Some VIP areas will have restrooms and bars, but others will not. If you do not have a bracelet, you should not risk leaving the VIP room, so you must enter properly prepared.
• Once you are inside, do not look at or initiate an unsolicited conversation with celebrities. For one thing, you don’t want to look like a newbie. On the other hand, if you disturb a celebrity, they may ask you to leave the VIP area.
• Talk to people while you are in the VIP room. Most of them will be there legitimately, and if you make the right friend, especially a promoter friend, you may not need to use this article to enter next time!