When it comes to SEO, ranking is a very important function. A good search engine ranking means better visibility, which in turn means more conversions and growth for your business. Therefore, as a serious entrepreneur, it is important to keep track of your rankings. When you know your classification, it is easy to make the changes and improvements necessary to bring the classifications higher or keep them where they are.
A rank check tool can be very helpful in keeping you up to date with your rankings on the results pages. But with so many tools available now, how do you know which one is the best for you? Here are some things you can use to select a rank checker that will be useful for your business.
1. Accuracy of the report – Inaccurate classifications can hurt you a lot because they don’t tell you the real situation on the ground. The last thing you want is to think that you are doing very well with the rankings when in fact you are not doing well and vice versa. Because manually checking ratings is not a very good idea, you’d better choose a verification tool that you can fully trust when it comes to accuracy. If possible, find out the characteristics of your rank and reputation checker, to be sure that you will always get accurate reports.
2. Quick updates – A good rank checker should be able to extract your data quickly and whenever you need it. You don’t want to wait hours before your data can be updated to get the current status. Updates that are almost instantaneous are best to help you make important decisions when it comes to your SEO strategy. Find out how fast your rank check tool is before you commit.
3. Cloud functionality – A cloud-based checker is more reliable because it means you can check your reports from any given time and place. It also allows you to access and compare historical data without the data drifting, especially over long periods of time. Verify that you have no limitations with your reports by choosing a range checker.
4. Reliable reports – While having a range check tool means you have to check back with it, getting reports from time to time, perhaps by email, can be very important. For example, a rank tracker that submits weekly reports is a very good reminder to keep up with your rankings to make timely decisions where needed.
5. Competition monitoring – It is something that can be complicated to do and difficult to find, and yet it is very important. Knowing what your competitors are doing, where they are in the ranking and what they are not doing can put you in a very good position to improve your rankings. If you can find a tool that helps you monitor selected competitors, you will be in a better position to make improvements.